On 31st of October and 1st of November, final year students of Banking and Finance Department and Financial Management Program, together with their professors, prof. Sanel Halilbegovic and prof. Ali Coskun have attended the 7th International Conference on Islamic Banking and Finance.
The Conference was organized by Islamic Research and Training Institute, Islamic Development Bank Group and The European Association for Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance with the support of University of Sarajevo, School of Economics and Business Sarajevo. Main topic of the Conference was Risk Management, Regulation and Supervision – Financial Stability and Systemic Risks.
It was a great opportunity for students to learn more about current trends in Islamic Finance, meet and share opinions with the experts in the field and make new contacts.
The conference aimed to explore a broad range of topics:
- Contemporary risks to financial stability arising from Islamic banking model in an integrated financial system,
- The role of Islamic Financial Stability Board (IFSB) in designing framework and promoting regulatory reforms for Islamic banks with the aim to promote financial stability of the global financial system,
- Systemic risks: Measurement Approaches for Islamic banks and Islamic Financial system,
- Macro/micro-prudential regulatory framework supporting financial stability,
- Incentive based regulatory framework in Islamic financial system,
- Applied Stress Testing: Framework, Methodology and Modelling,
- Other relevant topics.